The Badger Project is a nonpartisan, citizen-supported journalism nonprofit in Wisconsin which investigates our public officials, as well as other things, within the state.
With the decline of local newspapers across the state, this project aims to try and fill at least a small portion of that gap.
Elected officials work for the people and do the people’s business. They don’t get to do it in secret.
To promote good government, we must promote transparency.
We partner with local newspapers and news organizations in Wisconsin to publish our stories and get our work to the people it affects most.
The Badger Project’s stories have appeared in:
- Baraboo News Republic
- Beaver Dam Daily Citizen
- The Boscobel Dial
- Chippewa Herald
- The County Line
- The Chronotype in Rice Lake
- The Daily Reporter
- Fennimore Times
- Grant County Herald Independent
- Green Bay Press Gazette
- Juneau County Star-Times
- La Crosse Tribune
- Milton Courier
- The Monroe Times
- Mount Horeb Mail
- The Platteville Journal
- Portage Daily Register
- Price County Review
- Reedsburg Times-Press
- Republican Journal in Lafayette County
- The Richland Observer in Richland Center
- Sauk Prairie Eagle
- Sun Prairie Star
- Superior Telegram
- Tri-County Press in Cuba City
- Wisconsin Dells Events
- News 3 Now / Channel 3000 Madison
- Racine County Eye
- Point/Plover Metrowire
- Wausau Pilot & Review
- Wisconsin Center for Investigative Journalism
- Wiscontext, a partnership between Wisconsin Public Radio and PBS Wisconsin